But recently, six amazing selfless people have given me a reason to be interested in this year's race, through their incredible goals of running the marathon for a good cause. Tomorrow while struggling through another long and sleepy morning of high school, my thoughts will be with the six runners that make up the Wake Up Narcolepsy marathon team:
- neuroscientist/sleep-expert Nancy Chamberlin
- WUN co-Founder and mother of a narcoleptic child Monica Gow
- WUN board member and mother of narcoleptic child Tabitha Crawford
- uncle of narcoleptic child John Leahy
- narcolepsy supporters Ken and Kim MacAskill
|Wake Up Narcolepsy|
So in closing, I'd like to thank all six of these awesome runners for working so hard to help everyone living with narcolepsy today and in the future, including myself. I'm so grateful for all of the people who care about narcolepsy and the future of this sleep disorder. Every penny raised is more hope that researches will be able to someday cure every one of us living with narcaplexy and prevent anyone else from having to go through their lives perpetually sleepy.
Read the full press release here: Six Wake Up Narcolepsy Runners Go The Extra Mile in Support of Narcolepsy Research
Good luck, WUN marathon runners!