Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Narcaplexy Treatments: Chiropractic Care

Since narcolepsy is a lifelong 'illness' with only a few medications that help narcaplectics fight off their symptoms, we are always finding other ways other than pill-popping to make us feel better. One thing I found fascinating when I attended the Narcolepsy Network 2011 Conference this October was the huge interest everyone took in each other's treatment. The first questions out of anyone's mouth after "Do you have narcolepsy? Cataplexy??" was "What kind of medication do you take?"



The main form of healthcare that I use that helps me is regular visits to my chiropractor, Dr. Nickalis Dumas. Without Dr. Nick, I have no idea where I would be today. 


Dr. Nick was featured in Toledo City Paper's 2009 and 2010 lists of the city's best doctors, and as a runner-up in 2011.
I owe so much to him and his staff for taking care of me and treating me like I'm family (and for my family for convincing me to go for that first visit despite my doubts!). Check out his practice, Rapid Relief Chiropractic Center in Toledo, OH:

Rapid Relief Chiropractic Center

2 comments:

  1. Chiropractic care is so amazing.... after 9 years of misdiagnosed vertigo (not BPPV or Meinere's).... It appears I have Cervicogenic Dizziness.

    Not sure if its a progression of my Scoliosis or delayed response to flipping my car at 75mph....or both.

    But, most of the sites point to Chiropractic as the way to go.

    Too bad its a new year, with new insurance, so I have a much larger deductible to meet and a reduction in Chiropractic coverage.

    I wouldn't have known about my Scoliosis, if after years of back pain...I went to my first Chiropractor and found out. And, then it was some years after that before a regular doctor...when they were investigating heart sound abnormalities...finally said I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Dreamer

    WOW, what a story! I'm glad you've also found the amazing benefit of chiropractic care.

    Yes, unfortunately alternative treatments and healthcare can be very costly, because so many people don't believe they work. Supply and demand, right? Hopefully someday this will become a more common method of treatment insurance companies will cover more of it!

    Sending thoughts of good health your way :)

    ReplyDelete