Friday, January 9, 2015

Back to School (Again)

Now that I'm doing far better with Xyrem in my life, I'm ready to go back to college and finish my bachelor's degree. But I need a fresh start; going back to the same place that I struggled before wouldn't be a good idea. So on Tuesday, I'll get my new start at The University of Toledo, the college from my hometown where I grew up. 

I'm pretty excited for this fresh start. I'm looking forward to being successful in school again, like I was before I had narcolepsy. And I'm excited to be around people my own age again! It's something you don't realize is important until you're 20 and work with preschool/elementary-aged children and the staff are mostly the same staff that were there when YOU attended that school as a child. 

So wish me luck and think wakeful thoughts for me as I re-begin my college career next week as a Toledo Rocket! :)


2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! So glad to read that you're off to a fresh start. My daughter Cassie changed high schools this year, kind of for the same reason. She's made new friends now and her grades are better, Yay!! Always know that even if you don't get a lot of comments, there are people you don't even know who care and are cheering for you! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement! It made my day to see a new comment on here :) I'm very glad to hear Cassie is doing better at her new school too. Sometimes a fresh slate is all that is needed to help put you back on a clear path. I hope that success continues for her!

      Delete