Sunday, September 23, 2012

Going Greek: ΑΓΔ

The "baby squirrels" of ΑΓΔ



Had anybody told me told me that I would someday join a college sorority, I would've laughed and called them crazy. I had never imagined myself wearing some crazy letters no one could ever read and calling 50 girls I don't even know "my sisters". But as of today I can officially say that I am a proud baby squirrel for ΑΓΔ, Alpha Gamma Delta!

Having to stand in front of hundreds of sorority girls and a ton of fraternity guys as they read off your name and chapter affiliation for the first time is a complete whirlwind. The sisters rush forward when they hear your name and their letters put together and hug you, spin you around, scream at you, anything they decide to do in the spur of the moment before dragging you off to meet your sisters. For any girl, that's insane. For a cataplectic, that's detrimental. 

I was terrified of falling in front of everyone, terrified of freaking out all of Greek Life here. But what option did I have? My flush of excitement and emotions pulled through, and when I heard my name I couldn't even deciphers any of the emotions in my head. I was able to easily hug my sisters, jump up and down like a giddy girl, and even walk the 15 feet back to where the Gams were hanging out cheering us on. I was amazingly all right!

So that's my story for tonight. I've joined the funniest sorority on campus known for joking around all the time and finding humor in the smallest little things, and I have a cataplexy. 

Sounds like an interesting combination, hmmm? 



Preference Night 2012 - Green Group

No comments:

Post a Comment