Wednesday, February 9, 2011

4-Wheeling on Super Bowl Sunday

So the on-going idea is that negative feelings can’t cause cat-attacks, right? Somehow, there’s got to be a positive emotion tied in there before or after the bad feelings that makes our bodies go haywire. I was watching the movie Life As We Know It with my parents tonight (you know the one with Katherine Heigl and that cute guy and their best friends die and leave them their baby but they hate each other?) and it got to the part where the best friends die and all of a sudden along with the tears trying to well in my eyes, my head kept falling down and my arms were shaking uncontrollably (thank god I was laying down!).

So this one’s got me stumped. I have no idea what kind of positive emotion I was experiencing along with the dying of this baby’s parents that triggered my cataplexy. Weird, huh? Not to mention I’ve discovered that the more tired you are, the harder it is to recover from cat-attacks. This coming from me and my mom laughing over some funny pictures I had saved on my computer just a half hour before the movie. My head kept bobbing even after I’d stopped laughing and my head was pounding like a killer migraine was settling in. It was the longest attack I’d ever experienced, damn after-shocks!

I ended up trudging over to the couch in a half-asleep daze and falling asleep for real as soon as my head touched the cushion. As soon as I woke up, snapping awake fifteen minutes later, my head felt fine and my body was back to normal. I did ask my mom a question about something my dad had said while I was asleep. This got me a strange look as a light bulb went off in my head. “I dreamed all that again, didn’t I?” I asked. Yep, sure enough; I was dreaming/hallucinating all that. Ahh the strangeness of my brain will never cease to amaze me now.

Getting up early for an EEG at the hospital tomorrow, then some blood work to confirm one hundred percentedly that I have narcolepsy. Fuuuun?

No comments:

Post a Comment