Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another Negative...

So I’ve experienced a new downfall of cataplexy (as if it needed any others!). Today my mom drove my brother and me up to Novi, Michigan to Twelve Oaks Mall so we could get in some shopping before he leaves for Italy. The kid NEEDED jeans badly and they house the nearest Abercrombie in an hours radius of our house. Well walking into the mall, Bailey and my mom kept joking around and laughing. So I knowingly veered away, trying to control myself. But then they started going “Where’s Julie?” and “Don’t make her laugh” really loud like drunks. So of course I went down. I crumpled to my knee, twisted, and fell back flat on the cold cement in front of who knows how many strangers. And I ripped my brand new jeans right at the knee.

This was also the first time I’ve fallen in public really, and a lady came over to ask if I was okay because here is a random teenager who fell to the ground with her mom and brother standing over her and laughing. I swear the poor lady was about to call Children’s Services! But turns out she was a nurse and when we (well, my mom because I was still trying to get my limbs to work) explained that I had cataplexy, her only worry turned into if I had hit my head or not.

Level of embarrassment: 6, because she was nurse and understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment