Friday, February 18, 2011

True Life: Narcolepsy and Cataplexy Part II

Good news: I am definitely going to be camera stalked for a week for the True Life show! I just got the call tonight that everything is all set and the producer, Brandon, will be here by tomorrow. I can't believe this actually worked out. If someone would've told me when I first saw that ad that I'd appear on any MTV episode even if just for a few minutes, I would've laughed. Mostly I'm glad that I'm helping to get the word out. I mean, that's why I want to do this at all. The more people know, the better for me and every other person out there suffering from narcolepsy and cataplexy.

So filming begins Sunday and will follow me through school next week. Let's hope for lots of laughter and awkward situations for them to film, haha :)

Tonight resulted in some killer cataplexy. I had to play my flute at a funeral memorial service for my principal's dad after school, so I was dress in a nice black skirt and top. Afterwards was a dance for the 7th through 12th graders (pre-planned before his death, let me add!) and I just decided to wear the same clothes.

I should've known that was a bad decision. My cataplexy ended up being bad that night and in the very beginning someone was cracking jokes. I quickly decided to leave the room and regain my cool but on my way out, felt my muscles go stiff and BAM, I hit the floor. Let's just say that falling flat and then having momentary muscle paralysis is NEVER good in a short skirt, so I decided once I was able to move and get up that I'd switch back to my jeans. Much safer!

Dancing turned out being hard for me. I felt like my limbs were made of jell-o as I attempted to dance with my friends, and I nearly gave up it was so hard. Good thing I didn't, because soon the weird feeling passed and I was able to hold on my own and have fun like I used to. Well, almost like I used to. I stuck close to the wall, just in case.

But there's my night! I had fun, it was definitely worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment