Monday, February 21, 2011

Filming, Day 1

After I found out Friday night that True Life was definitely going to happen, everything else came fast like a whirlwind. Saturday night my family and I met with the producer, Brandon, and got to know basically what was going to happen. I had a few cataplexy attacks but more interestingly, got to hear about what he knew about narcolepsy and the other people he'd filmed for the show. Sunday he came over to my house and filmed a bit of us talking about my illness and doing a craft thing for school.

So today was my first day of filming for MTV's True Life. I was excited as was everyone else at my school. Brandon showed up despite the horrid weather we were slammed with the night before and everything was set... until my principal called it off. Yes, apparently a few parents were very outspoken about MTV filming at the school and some of the Board of Trustees were throwing a fit. Despite his and mine extreme pleading efforts, it was a definite no. This happened over the course of all day so the filming he DID get with my 10+ attacks is useless.

That's all I'm going to say about filming. But I did have a funny off-camera spill this morning. I was in the school lobby talking to Brandon and Bailey (my brother) when they made me laugh and I tumbled forward and then onto my back with my head bouncing on the hard floor a bit. I was fine, but the visiting family wasn't. All they saw was a 'passed out' appearing unconscious teen and a bunch of adults standing around laughing. It's good to know I can still scare people!

No comments:

Post a Comment